Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rachel...My Inspiration

Inspired me to blog
My wife, Rachel, started a family blog last fall and has been encouraging me to start one, especially as I begin my clinical rotation year.

My big start will be a medical mission trip to India and Nepal, so there will be many posts over the next month
with pictures and bits of journal entries from that experience.


She had also wanted some nice pictures of her taken for some time now and since I just took them, I thought this would be a great first place to showcase them!

Inspiration to be a PA
After about 2 1/2 years of praying and pondering my career change, it was Rachel that had the revelation at our pediatrician's office. A PA student came in to examine Bekah and it struck her how much he looked like me (poor guy), and acted like me. The thought occurred to her that I could do that. After finding out what a PA is, and all the pre-requisite classes I had to take, about 6 years later, I've just finished the first two years of class time and I'm on my way out into the world to practice medicine on people for my last year!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Al & Rach :) I want to wish my big bro Al good luck on his trip and to remind him to enjoy the time abroad and come back safe! Rach if you ever need a girls' night out or even just a night away from the kiddos over the next few weeks...just let me know. Happy Mother's Day Rach!! The pics are really nice too.
--Pam